Around the Consortium
Through the University System of Ohio virtualization program, you can purchase VMware software licenses and support at significantly reduced prices.
In the first 18 months of operation, the total VMware savings equaled $44.9 million. By the end of 2012, the total savings are projected to tally $100 million.... Read more
The Chancellor of the Ohio Board of Regents established new OARnet governance in 2011. Complete text and an addendum are available for download: Directive 2011-023 Consolidation of Consortia [pdf].
A joint OSC-OARnet Advisory Board recommends broad policy guidelines for OARnet and periodically... Read more
The Service Desk can only accept configuration changes from people on our client contact lists. Configuration changes include any change that could adversely affect a client's... Read more
July 19-23, 2009
Internet2 Joint Techs Meeting
Details: Joint Techs -- an international conference of networking engineers featuring presentations, Birds-of-a-Feather meetings and demonstrations of state-of-the-art high-performance networking technologies.
July 21, 2009
Board of Regents... Read more
Prasad Calyam, Dima Krymskiy, Mukundan Sridharan, Paul Schopis, "TBI: End-to-End Network Performance Measurement Testbed for Empirical-bottleneck Detection", IEEE TRIDENTCOM, 2005. [pdf]
- P. Calyam, W. Mandrawa, M. Sridharan, A. Khan, P. Schopis, "H.323 Beacon: An H.323 application related end-to-end performance troubleshooting tool", Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM Network... Read more
OARtech provides a forum for technology staff from OARnet's member institutions to exchange ideas and share best practices. Attendees also provide OARnet with advice and suggestions on technical issues germane to the organization. OARtech holds bimonthly meetings on the second Wednesday of the month at OARnet as well as other higher education institutions across the state. At each meeting, OARnet engineering and client services representatives share highlights. A guest speaker also presents... Read more
- What is the fundamental difference between the previous network and OARnet?
- How is industry involved with OARnet and the network?
- What are some examples of enhanced research projects via OARnet?
- What organizations qualify for connecting to the network?
- What types of applications does the network support?... Read more
Follow the links to the presentations. You will be asked to enter your e-mail.